Certificate of Occupancy & Business Registration

Certificate of Occupancy & Business Registration

A Certificate of Occupancy and Business Registration is required prior to occupying a building or lease space. You must complete the Certificate of Occupancy Application and submit with applicable fee. Please refer to the Fee Schedule. A Sales & Use Tax Permit issued by the Texas State Comptroller’s Office may be required if your business will be collecting Sales Tax. Permit must indicate business address in Balcones Heights, Texas. Upon receiving the application and fee we will review for proper zoning and use of the building or lease space. We will schedule a building inspection, and if approved by the Building Inspector the Fire Marshall will perform their inspection. If applicable, upon receipt of a Food Establishment Permit Application, a Health Inspection will be conducted and if all approved you will be issued a Certificate of Occupancy and Food Establishment Permit.