Electricity is furnished by CPS Energy.
Natural Gas is supplied by CPS Energy.
Water & Sewer is supplied by San Antonio Water System.
Telephone service is provided by AT&T.
Cable television service is available from Spectrum and AT&T.
The City's solid waste services are provided by C-6 Disposal Services. To start or stop services, please call C-6 at 210.375.0066.
- Effective January 1, 2017 commercial account rates will increase 7.5%. Residential rates will remain unchanged.
- Residential trash pickup is on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Recyclables are picked up on Wednesdays. There will be no pickup on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Residential recycling is strongly encouraged. Below is information on which items may be recycled.
- Commercial waste services can be customized to fit your business needs, please contact C-6 to provide you with a quote.
- Please remember to pay your bill within 30 days otherwise your service may be suspended for non-payment. A $35 reinstatement fee will be assessed in order to have service restored.
Materials that currently can be recycled:
- Newspaper & Mixed Paper: Newspaper, including the slick, glossy inserts, can be recycled, unless wet or discolored by the sun. Protection from the weather should be provided before placing the newspaper curbside.
- Glass Containers: Clear, brown, or green glass containers which have been rinsed (no lids) can be recycled.
- Plastic Containers: Plastic containers which have been rinsed (no lids) and are designated with a recycling code of 1 to 7 can be recycled.
- Corrugated Cardboard & Boxboard
- Aluminum, Tin, or Bi-metal Cans: Rinsed soft drink/soda, juice, or beer cans can be recycled.
FLATTENED RECYCLABLE PLASTIC OR METAL CONTAINERS WILL CONSERVE RECYCLING BIN SPACE AND REDUCE THE CHANCE OF MATERIAL BLOWS OUT OF THE BIN.
Materials that cannot be recycled:
- Pottery, ceramic, plate glass, pyrex, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, etc., are not recyclable.
- Magazines, styrofoam, plastic film, and shopping bags are not recyclable.
- Food & wet waste, paper towels, facial tissue & toliet paper.
- Containers that have contained oil, solvent, or any substance that is considered HAZARDOUS are not recyclable.
Remember, all materials that are not recyclable should be placed in your normal trash/garbage container (or disposed of in accordance with law, such as batteries, tires, etc.).
RECYCLABLE MATERIALS DO NOT HAVE TO BE SORTED PRIOR TO PLACING THEM IN THE BINS OR AT CURBSIDE. RECYCLABLE MATERIAL THAT WILL NOT FIT INTO A BIN MAY BE PLACED BESIDE THE SUPPLIED BIN AS LONG AS IT IS CONTAINED IN SOME MANNER (TYING, BOXING, ETC.).
Bulky Items/Brush Collection
Bulky items/brush collections are provided two times a year. Dates will be announced in the City's monthly Newsletter. Bulky item collection is provided to all City residential solid waste ratepayers. To find out if you are current on your account contact C-6 Disposal at 210.375.0066. If you are a resident and current on your account, you are eligible to receive this service. Material must be out no later than 7 a.m. on the Monday of the designated week. Once the truck has passed, it will not return.
BULKY PILE/BRUSH GUIDELINES
- Bulky/brush items must be set out no later than 7:00 a.m. of the first day of the scheduled collection.
- Place bulky item piles within two (2) feet of the curb. Brush piles are limited to 10 cubic yards or the equivalent of two full pickup truck beds.
- Do not place on curb! Please do not block sidewalks!
- Do not place bulky item piles in front of parked cars, near fences, trees, mailboxes, beneath overhead wires or power lines, low-hanging tree limbs, or on top of water meters.
- Do not place material at the curb after crews have passed by your house. The truck will only pass by once.
BULKY ITEMS INCLUDE
Bulky items include stoves, refrigerators, water tanks, washing machines, discarded bathroom fixtures, household furniture, mattresses, television sets, and other bulky waste materials commonly found at a residence. Items such as swing sets, plays capes, basketball goals, trampolines etc. must be disassembled before being placed curbside.
BULKY ITEMS DO NOT INCLUDE
Household Hazardous Waste, medical waste, infectious waste, motor oil, tires, batteries, paint, construction debris, remodeling debris, demolition debris, roofing material, dead animals, animal waste, rocks, dirt, stable matter.
Residents will be in violation if any of the conditions below are demonstrated:
- Pile contains construction materials (waste resulting construction, remodeling, repair or demolition operations)
- Pile contains household hazardous materials, dead animals or stable matter with weights or volumes greater than those described above
- Pile is obstructed by obstacles, set out directly under powerlines or on top of water mains, placed on sidewalk
- Pile is set out after crews have passed by your house
BULKY ITEM DISPOSAL ALTERNATIVE PICKUP
Residents do not have to wait to receive their bulky item collection to get rid of bulky items; C6 disposal offers other services to dispose of these materials (billed separate of quarterly residential trash bill).
MISSED COLLECTION DUE TO LATE SET OUT
If you missed your scheduled collection, call C6 Disposal at 210.375.0066 as soon as possible to learn about other disposal options.
Questions: Contact C-6 Disposal Systems, Inc., at 210.375.0066